Getting hold of the best ukulele straps on the market adds more to your performance. It allows you to be more of a character when playing and wow your audiences.
It’s why the best ukulele straps need to allow for freedom of movement but also be comfortable to wear and not hinder how you play.
Buying an accessory like a ukulele strap is not as easy as you think. Many brands now produce these with slight differences in looks, purpose, and feel. Similar to how a concert ukulele is different from a baritone ukulele
To help you find the best strap for you, we’ve done our research to find what the best options are on the market. So what are the best ukulele straps money can buy?
The best ukulele straps available today
The Tropical Choice: Eyeshot Hawaiian Jacquard Shoulder Strap
- 【Artistic Design】Each Eyeshot uke strap is carefully designed by our designers with unique & artistic patterns, crafted with strong attention in details, made you and your instrument looks much great with it.
- 【Premium Material】With high quality jacquard woven cotton and pure cotton backing, soft and comfortable which gives your shoulder a better comfort when you’re playing the ukulele.
- 【Adjustable & Practical】Premium genuine leather ends with 1.57 inch width, adjustable length from 28.7” to 51.2” (button hole to hole), suitable for most players.
- 【Universal Ukelele Strap】Compatibles with most size ukuleles, suitable for soprano, concert, tenor and baritone ukuleles with regular sound holes and especially good for side sound hole.
- 【A Complete Set】Our ukulele strap included 1 tail nail set with soft gasket, 2 random color picks, so you don’t need to buy extra accessories to get started. Enjoy our Eyeshot ukelele strap!
Eyeshot’s Hawaiian Jacquard Shoulder Strap is just what you need if you want a ukulele strap that is striking from any angle. Its eye-catching design is easily seen from any distance thanks to the bright azure blues across a black background. The detailed markings in the flowers and patterns are stunning, making it a classy piece to show off on stage.
It’s a functional strap with several features that promote performance and comfort. It has an adjustable bucket that can adapt its length from anywhere between 28″ -51″ to make it suitable for kids and adults. The leather ends are also extremely durable, increasing the lifespan of the strap itself. With the strap itself made from 100% cotton, it is a soft strap that can be worn for hours, helping you wow family and friends for hours without tiring.
- Adjustable for a range of sizes
- Colorful design
- Soft to wear
- Designs flow over face edges
- Leather ends are sometimes stiff
The Classic Choice: Music First Country-Style Ukulele Strap
- Material: Cotton (out side) + Genuine leather+ Cotton (inner side)
- Width: 1.5inch; Length: 48inch ~ 27.5inch adjustable; Thickness: 0.13inch
- The inner side of Version 2.0: Cotton (Version 1.0: Nylon), Weight 3.3 oz
- Very good quality ukulele strap, Highly recommended
- One piece of MUSIC FIRST Ukulele Strap Locker (Worth $7.99) + One Golden color strap nail as free gift. (The ukulele in the picture is not included)
Sometimes, simplicity is all you need. You will find that in the heart of Music First’s Country-Style Ukulele Strap. Colorful with various designs on each face, this strap is made from 100% cotton on both sides to give a comfortable feel no matter how you play it. It also has leather ends to provide a secure attachment to your ukulele without it breaking. This strap attaches to classic and acoustic ukuleles, meaning it works on various forms.
There are also some intelligent design choices to make it universal for all types of players. The strap is adjustable to any length between 28-48 inches, so children and adults can use it. Furthermore, the strap is exceptionally lightweight at just 3oz, making it feel like an extension of your body. With all this worked into a simple look and design, this is a great ukulele strap for anyone in the family to enjoy.
- Colorful design
- Has intense aromas on arrival
- A nail is missing in some sets
The Strong Option: IBOHOR Hawaiian Ukulele Strap
- 【BEAUTIFUL ARTISTIC DESIGN】The pattern of each our ukelele strap has been carefully designed by our designers, crafted with strong attention in details, made you and your instrument looks much great with it.
- 【PREMIUM MATERIAL】The top layer is made of jacquard print cotton, the back layer is made of soft cotton with premium leather ends. A double layer of materials makes the strap more durable and comfortable.
- 【ADJUSTABLE & PRACTICAL】This uke strap has a comfortable width of 1.57″, a widely adjustable length from 28.7” to 51.2” (button hole to hole), suitable for most kids and adults.
- 【COMPATIBLE STRAP】IHOBOR ukulele strap is suitable for soprano, concert and tenor ukuleles with regular sound hole and especially good for side sound hole, grape sound holes and other irregular sound hole.
- 【A COMPLETE SET】We offer strap tail nail set with soft gasket, 2 random color picks , so you don’t need to buy extra accessories to get started. Enjoy our IHOBOR ukulele strap!
The best ukulele straps need to be strong for long-term use, and the IBOHOR Hawaiian Ukulele Strap is one of the toughest on the market today. It has a double layer of woven cotton on both the front and rear face to provide more formidable strength when in use. The top layer also has a woven jacquard pattern on the top to give a stunning look and feel while playing. With the back face also made from cotton, it can sit comfortably on your shoulder without irritating your skin, no matter how long you use it.
The IBOHOR strap is fit for purpose too. Extending anywhere from 27″ to -51″, you will find a comfortable length for anyone to use when playing their ukulele. It also has leather ends to give an excellent grip to your instrument without marking it while attached. This is an exceptional strap for any player should they want a strap to last a long time when playing with friends.
- Great look
- Extremely strong
- Easily adjustable
- Some build quality issues
- Designs not customizable
The Simple Bundle: Farcaya Ukulele Strap
- Comfortable: The outer layer of linen and the inner layer of cotton, both the hardness of linen and the softness of cotton, comfortable and breathable to use.
- Adjustable: Ukulele straps can be adjusted from 27.6 inches to 49.2 inches for adults and children. Ukulele straps are made with high quality buckles that slide smoothly.
- Durable: Made of durable and wear-resistant cotton and linen with double stitched leather tips, this ukulele strap will protect your ukulele and let you focus on your performance.
- It comes with a complete set of ukulele strap accessories, no need to buy them separately. There are 1 ukulele strap, 1 ukulele leash, 2 picks (random), 2 lock buttons, 2 metal end pins with mountain screws.
- Wonderful gift: This is an ethnic style strap with striped texture arrangement, bright colors and well-made, great gift for kids, girls, family, friends and lover who learn and play ukulele.
There are plenty of strap bundles for keen ukulele players, but the strap from Farcaya is better than most. Their strap package gives a bunch of spare parts needed to keep you going for a long time. Aside from the strap, the bundle provides two strap buttons and pins to help hold things in place. You will also find several colored picks, which can be used when playing your ukulele.
The strap uses a cotton material on both sides, giving it a soft and lightweight feel. Furthermore, the leather ends easily clasp together for a strong fit when attached to the ukulele. It’s adjusted via a solid plastic buckle allowing the strap to be adjusted anywhere between 27-49 inches. All this combines to be a great little bundle perfect for all types of ukulele players.
- Lots of accessories
- Easy to adjust
- Very durable
- Unflattering design patterns
- It needs some adjusting when first used
The Compound Design: Hot Seal Linen Ukulele Strap
- ✔SAFE TRANSPORT – Professional packaging, please confirm your choice of color.
- ✔HIGH COMPATIBILITY – High quality adjustable multifunctional ukulele straps, suitable for any size ukulele.
- ✔SAFE PROTECTION – Material: cotton + nylon + genuine Leather + metal buckle provide strong protection. Avoid accidental drop
- ✔COMPLETE ACCESSORIES – List of items: Strap + Tail nail set + Head rope + Random Color Pick. Width is about 4cm, length 75 ~ 125cm (adjustable)
- ✔WHAT YOU GET – Professional Packaging Transport Cost-effective Goods and Friendly Customer Service. Great Choice For Every Days.
Hot Seal may have the perfect combination if you want a durable strap. The strap is made from a blend of cotton and nylon to get the best of both materials. The cotton underside gives it a comfortable feel, while the nylon inclusion gives added elasticity when adjusting it. This makes it perfect for almost any user.
While lacking in any patterns or designs, the strap doubles down on functionality with its joining mechanisms. This includes a metal buckle to hold the ideal length in place while the leather ends securely hold the strap to your instrument with ease. With the strap also measuring 4cm across, you don’t need to worry about it feeling loose when moving during a performance. A great package made with functionality in mind.
- Extremely durable
- Holds adjustments in place
- Secure fastenings on ukulele
- Lacks design
- Leather ends are very stiff
The Bright Option: Dulphee Daisy Ukulele Strap
- Material: This daisy floral uke strap is made of Soft Cotton Linen & durable Leather Ends & Metal Adjustable Buckle provide strong protection, avoid accidental drop.
- Size: 1.5 inches width, Adjustable Length from 29.5 inches to 51 inches, you can free to adjust the length of the daisy flower ukulele strap according to your need. The size available for both adults and children.
- You Will Get: 1 Daisy Pattern Ukulele Strap & 1 Head Rope & 1 Free Button & 1 Free Picks(random color & thickness).
- Fit Most: Premium adjustable ukulele strap. Works well with any size ukulele, soprano, concert, tenor & baritone Ukulele. Also suitable for banjo & mandolin.
- Best Gifts: This beautiful daisy ukulele strap is a perfect gift for Ukulele players, beginners or professional ukulele lovers.
A lightweight and simplistic option, the Dulphee Daisy Ukulele Strap is both as functional as it is striking. Lacking any significant designs, the all-white look of the strap with tiny floral daisies shows how much detail has gone into the piece. It’s exceptionally lightweight, weighing only 2.3oz, making it easy to wear regardless of your playing style.
Dulphee’s strap is comfortable, as it is made from cotton. You can adjust it anywhere from 29-51 inches. These are held in place by a metal buckle to prevent any unnecessary slippage. With the strap able to fit almost any type of ukulele, it’s a versatile accessory that any player can take advantage of. It is a great, all-around attachment
- Good adjustability
- Bright design
- Leather on straps are fake
- Thin string for attaching to ukulele
The Artistic Choice: BestSounds Van Gogh Starry Night Strap
- ✔ WHAT YOU GET – Van Gogh Ukulele Strap and BACKED BY A 60 Days “NO QUESTIONS ASKED” GUARANTEE.
- ✔ TOP MATERIAL -Top quality polyester material provides comfortable wearing experience.
- ✔ BEAUTIFUL ARTISTIC PATTERN – There is its unique artistic style, Van Gogh’s “Starry Night” ukulele strap, eye-catching & comfortable. It ‘s a great gift for your friends and family.
- ✔ ADJUSTABLE & PRACTICAL – 1.5″ Wide, comfortable to wear; Fully adjustable length 27.5inch – 48inch.It is adjustable according to personal usage by the smooth plastic slider.
- ✔ COMPATIBLE – Whether your ukulele is an soprano, an concert, an tenor or even a baritone one, this art ukulele strap is guaranteed to do the trick for you.
Have you ever wanted to show off a famous painting while playing your ukulele? If so, BestSounds brought this to life through their Van Gogh Starry Night Ukulele Strap. As the title suggests, BestSounds have printed the iconic “Starry Night” painting by Vincent Van Gogh as the main look on this ukulele strap. It gives a fantastic look that no other company can match.
Aside from the visually striking look, the Starry Night strap is also very well made. The strap is made from polyester and fully adjustable from between 22-42inches. The smaller size makes it great for younger players and adults who might be looking for an alternative look. It is a great piece that delivers in almost all areas.
- Great look
- Easy to adjust
- Suitable for all ages
- No accessories in the bundle
- You may need additional parts
The Balanced Choice: M33 Ukulele Strap
- Convenient: No drilling ukulele strap, no need for buttons or pegs, it is easy to install and remove
- Comfortable: The soft fabric allows you to play the ukulele freely without scratching your neck
- Premium Quality: Come with high quality woven belt and double layer widened leather shoulder pad, 2 J hooks balance your ukulele perfectly and keep your ukulele exactly where wanted and at the exact angle wanted
- Adjustable: You can adjust it into a different length to meet your needs, the length can be adjusted from 33 inches to 47 inches
- Wide-use: Fit most standard ukuleles in all sizes (21inch-30inch). Beautiful colors and patterns, highly adjustable, fit men and women, adults and children. Protect well your precious ukuleles(Our customers can contact us with any questions and concerns. We are committed to our customers’ satisfaction)
Some people look for a balanced setup when they perform, and the M33 is something that can provide just that for ukulele players. The M33 Ukulele Strap provides this balance through excellent and secure design choices. This comes via a “Double J” hook which joins the strap to the instrument and balances finely on the body. This avoids you needing to drill pin holes into the side of your ukulele body to fit a strap.
It’s a robust strap, with the body of the straps made from polyester and joined by leather clasps. These lock tightly together and can be adjusted to anywhere between 33″ and -42″ and secured via a plastic buckle. With various designs on the strap, you will find that M33 has included something for everyone on their take on ukulele straps.
- A non-drill setup
- Good look
- Hooks can be fiddly to use
- Tough to adjust the size
Why should I use a ukulele strap?
With some people happy playing the ukulele freely, it raises the question of why some people would bother using a ukulele strap. However, using ukulele straps can arise for several reasons. This includes comfort, playing style, or developing skills (you’ll also need a good ukulele for beginners). So what is all the fuss about?
Most people use ukulele straps to provide more comfort while playing. After all, only so much one person can take if hunched over and trying to play precisely. Instead, attaching a strap gives them the option to take the pressure off, holding the instrument in a comfortable position.
With most straps being adjustable, you can find a position that suits you and play with much more freedom. This protects your hands and back while playing and makes the entire process much more enjoyable.
You can link style with comfort, but the need to move freely shows much more about a player than someone who stays sitting the entire time. By being able to move as you play, a strap allows you to add more style to your performance and show off who you are as a performer.
As much as the ability to move defines your style, so can the look. It’s not hard to discover straps with a host of different designs. Finding one that reflects your personality or demeanor will only add to your persona on stage. This all comes together to let you find a playing style that defines who you are.
What to look for in ukulele straps?
When finding the best ukulele straps for you, there are plenty of things that you should be looking out for. This includes aspects such as materials, joining mechanisms, and adjustable parts. All these factors can be deal-breakers in finding the right strap for you. So what should you look for?
One of the biggest things about ukulele straps is just what the straps are made from. Most companies will use faux leather for the clasp ends, but the straps often vary between multiple materials. These include:
Cotton is perhaps the most common material straps are made out from. This is because it is a soft material to wear while allowing for greater flexibility when it is adjusted. You will also find cotton can also have patterns interwoven within for an added edge.
Sometimes, nylon is used instead as it gives more significant variance in adjusting your strap – although it does sacrifice some of the comfort found in softer materials. Polyester is also a good material that offers some flex when adjusting a strap and is relatively comfortable to wear over long periods. It’s more about what you want as to what defines the material you pick.
For many people, having a strap that is easy to adjust is also essential. This is particularly true when considering who you buy the strap for. As ukuleles are an instrument that is suitable for all ages (although baritone ukuleles are generally for older, more experienced performers), having a greater adjustability range often is a big selling point.
Most good straps will offer a good adjustability range with a minimum of at least 20 inches. These straps are great for younger users as they can adjust as they grow and give the accessory added lifespan. Some are for adults, with a smaller range of 10-15 inches. This will allow for a much more precise strap for an adult but may not suit younger users or those wanting greater flexibility.
Are all ukulele straps adjustable?
Yes – most ukulele straps will be adjustable in some way or form. It’ll say on the manual or product page what the limits are for the strap, giving you an idea of what you are working with. Once happy with the strap length, you can lock it in place with the buckle before you start playing.
Do all ukulele straps need drilling to be fitted?
Most ukulele straps are fitted on one end of the instruments by drilling a pin into the body of the ukulele, but it is not always the case. Some straps will hook on with clasps instead but can be fiddly to install hence why many opt to be drilled and pinned into place.
Do ukulele straps fit all ukulele types?
Yes – most ukulele straps are designed to fit on multiple types of ukuleles. This includes most classic forms, such as soprano and concert models, as well as ones with alternative tunings, such as tenor and baritone. It’s why they are a standard accessory for people to use.
So what are the best ukulele straps around?
Having checked out all the best ukulele straps around today, it’s clear to see why they are such a popular accessory to own. Some, such as the BestSounds Starry Night and the IBOHOR Strap, embrace stunning and striking looks to show off the crowds. Meanwhile, others like the M33 and Hot Seal Ukulele Strap let their design features do the talking for them.
If you are looking for a ukulele strap that ticks all the boxes, we would go for the Eyeshot Hawaiian Ukulele Strap. This has a striking design and excellent adjustability and is easy for the user to wear for hours at a time. It is why it’s not only a popular strap for users to own but one of the best ukulele straps on the market today.
Your Free eBook is Waiting
Share your email below to receive an eBook with $100,000 worth of information that will kick start your music career.